Today I thought I would share with you my predictions for the iPad 3. Now, there is no word on when this will be announced but we can all assume it will be soon. Being an iPad 2 owner there isn’t anything wrong with the iPad 2 so I do not see myself upgrading to the 3, the iPad 2 is very snappy and seems to handle pretty much anything you throw at it (that Apple allow you to). So, onto my predictions;
- A CPU change - This one is obvious, I think we will either see a quad core CPU (though I see no need for one but I also said that about the dual core) or a beefed up version of the current dual core A5 chip in the iPad 2.
- More RAM - More power! Having to much RAM is never a bad thing. The iPad 2 has 512mb of RAM but I think we could see an improvement of that up to 1GB.
- Graphics - Along with a CPU upgrade would come a graphics boost. The iPad is quickly becoming the go to device for on the go so being able to play Angry Birds smoothly always helps.
- Camera - A better camera. Everyone agrees that the iPad 2 camera is an embarrassment to man kind, just look at the iPhone camera, it by far out runs the iPad 2 camera (and the iPod Touch 4/5). Now, to be honest I dont even think I have ever opened the camera app on my iPad because I never imagined it to be my picture taking device but having a half decent camera is worth it.
- Display - A retina display has pretty much been confirmed by a lot of people, parts have surfaced and under a microscope they show a much higher pixel density indicating that it is a ‘Retina display’.
- Design - I think it is pretty obvious that the design of the iPad will be the same as the iPad 2.
- Siri - If it is not included off the bat with the launch of the iPad 3 I’m guessing it will be included in iOS6.
What do you think we’ll see? What do you want to see?
Note: Today, Friday 24th February, marks what would have been Steve Job’s 57th birthday, RIP Steve, the world lost a great visionary.